Cone-shaped sintered diamond burs are used in a variety of applications, including:
- Handpieces for dental laboratory drills
- Handpieces and machining tools for metalworking and industrial applications
The cone-shaped bur is made up of both diamond particles and a metallic binder. The metallic binder helps to hold the particles together, which allows them to have a great longevity and to be cut or shaped into different shapes.
Uses of Cone-Shaped Sintered Diamond Burs
Cone-shaped sintered diamond burs are used in dental and as well as industrial applications. They are also used for jewelry and craft purposes.
The following are some of the uses of cone-shaped sintered diamond burs:
- Dental laboratories: Cone-shaped sintered diamond burs are used for drilling, shaping & pre-polishing of dental prosthesis. The shape is a quite universal and therefore highly appreciated. Depending on its diameter it allows to work on bigger surfaces but also in hooks.
Industrial Applications of Cone-Shaped Sintered Diamond Burs
Cone-shaped sintered diamond burs are used for a variety of industrial applications. They can be used for machining and drilling, grinding and polishing, cutting and shaping. Mostly it will be used to take off cutting metallic borders and making & enlarging graved stripes.
In addition to the above applications, cone-shaped sintered diamond burs are also used in the following industries:
- Glass engraving industry
- Gemstone industry
Advantages of Using Cone-Shaped Sintered Diamond Burs
The main advantage of using cone-shaped sintered diamond burs is their durability. These tools are resistant to wear and tear, which means they can perform complex tasks without breaking down.
Cone-Shaped Sintered Diamond Burs
Choosing the right cone-shaped sintered diamond burs is a matter of understanding the shape and size of your bur, as well as selecting the right grit. In addition to these considerations, you’ll also want to consider cost and quality when making your selection.
Care and Maintenance of Cone-Shaped Sintered Diamond Burs
Cone-shaped sintered diamond burs are durable and can be used for a long time. However, they will wear out with repeated use.
- Regular cleaning and inspection: Clean your cone-shaped sintered diamond burs after every use, passing it through our cleaning stone Fig 900.
- Adapt optimal rotation speed:
- head Ø 1-2 mm: 33 000 rpm
- head Ø 3-4 mm: 27 000 rpm
- head Ø 5-6 mm: 23 000 rpm
- head Ø 8 mm: 18 000 rpm
- head Ø > 8 mm: 10 000 rpm
- Proper storage: Store cones in their original packaging until you need them again; this will help prevent from dust exposure during storage periods between uses.
Cone-shaped sintered diamond burs are a great choice for many industries. They offer benefits such as:
- A long life span
- A high cutting speed and excellent finish quality, which makes them ideal for use in hard materials like metal and stone
In addition to these benefits, cone-shaped sintered diamond burs are also easy to use and maintain. They can be cleaned easily passing through a cleaning stone